Monday, April 5, 2010

Zero to Sixty in 3 Sec Flat...

ive mentioned in my first blog that the life that i live now, isnt at all how i thought it was going to be. Before all this...i was a naive girl who thought that i would never get married...and just a year later i was married and about to give birth to my first child! i think all newly weds can agree that marriage changes everything...and for the majority of people...the only thing that changes your life more than that...is kids. Before i got married and had kids, i was pretty spoiled...although i never would have admitted it then. i did work every now and then and my dad was really strict...but aside from that, i left my room a mess every morning before school knowing that my mom would clean it to perfection when i arrived in the evening... Christmas had lost its spark because my dad would always get me and my sisters whatever we wanted all year round...i could count on one hand the number of times i had washed the dishes in one month, and those rare times that i actually DID do them, i wasted gallons of water!...i NEVER cleaned the bathroom...i didnt even know how to do my own laundry (i made my one of my good frens in college do my loads). i now look back and hold so much respect for my mom because it was because of her...and her ALONE...that our house was ALWAYS spotless. you'd think that with a house full 'o' girls we would help my mom out, but that wasnt the case. my mom would always yell and scream at us because we had left messes everywhere and just walked away (because we knew that my mom would clean after us)...but my dad always took our side. there were times though that he urged us to clean...and we would...but it would just be a half-ass job. my dad was more focused on our education and volleyball. every once in a while i scrambled some eggs and made some grilled cheese, but that was the extent of my culinary skills. my life was purely school and volleyball...simple as that. and im not gonna lie...i LOVED IT. i got married and it was then that i felt an urge to clean and cook. my husband pointed out how i carelessly was wasting water and proceeded to show me how to wash the dishes while conserving water. i began cleaning our room...but not on a daily basis...nevertheless...i began cleaning. lol. my reality check came when i was pregnant with my first child. mothers always want the best for their children and every time i felt her kicking in my womb i dreamed of becoming the wonder mom that cooked delicious yet healthy meals for her children everyday, that sewed beautiful intricate costumes on Halloween, and that always had a spotless home for visitors. i imagined myself serving tea and cookies on a tray (hey hey hey...we all have dumb dreams)...i wanted to make cookies and cakes from scratch and be able to make up my own "world famous" recipes. My oldest will be turning 2yrs old on the 29th of this month and my youngest will be 8mon and ive almost got the cleaning thing down. i make our bed every morning and vacuum/sweep every other day.and when the girls give me the time, i wash the dishes. i LOVE doing the laundry because Gain Laundry Detergent is my most favorite smell in the world (my mom and husband think i do laundry too much...psht), my number one problem is the BATHROOM!...(dun dun dun)...it just the toilet...it grosses me out.... unless im about to pee my pants...i absolutely REFUSE to use a public restroom...there are some instances where i would just rather pee my pants!...but i try to get it done once a week, so im proud. as for the cooking...i can make some mediocre chicken and pretty good lasagna (pasta's easy), and meatballs. not much progress there, but i will get better! and i will blog throughout my journey to wonder mom. and when i AM able to sew...then y'all are always welcome to request costumes! haha...watch out now...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are on your journey to being a good a mother!! I have been on that journey since oldest was born and that was 7 yrs. ago!! Never the less, I have learned how to cook a few, (I can count it on one hand!!LOL!!) meals, I try to clean. I still will never clean a toilet and I can't stand the laundry!!LOL!! So I will clean every thing excluding those mentioned above!! Your such a wonderful mom and from reading your blogs I can tell you have came a far way!! I'm sure your journey is going to be a wild, but worth taking kind of journey!!LOL!! Keep bloggin, you humor me!!LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finally got a chance to jump on here and read your super funny blog! Lol You totally remind me of myself. I still to this day, very distgusted with toilets! And I have just pee'd myself cause public bathroom's are the worst! Lol This post had me cracking up! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you have to give me your email address so I can invite you to view my private blog!! I know its alot but I do not want to blog to much on my public one!!LOL!! I feel like somethings need to be kept to people who i know wont get offended!! Just leave my another comment with your email address on it. Or email me at klarah.motuliki@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete