Friday, April 2, 2010

hey yall!

So i've had this blog for a few days now and this is officially my first blog!...im a bit unfamiliar with this whole blogging thing, but i know that i LOVE writing! i guess it would only be fitting for me to introduce myself! haha...even though im sure the only one that is following me is my lil sis Nikki (hey girl! lol). Well, alot of people who know me are usually shocked to find out that i am now married with two baby girls. The truth is that i had never thought much of anything outside of school and volleyball...it was my life and i was perfectly content with it. i was one of those girls who didnt think very much of marriage because i prided myself on being an INDEPENDENT WOMAN. my plan was to stay in college on an athletic scholarship and graduate with my masters in broadcast journalism and be successful. whether or not i got married was not of any importance to me...but then i met him. I had met my husband in the summer before my junior year at Highland High School (GO RAMS!). he was a transfer student from texas and his presence agitated all of the adolescent hormones of the lady rams. of course he was handsome, but i must admit i was guilty of judging a book by its cover. One look at David had me thinking that he was another one of those stuck up, egotistical pretty boys. the constant jabbering about "the new kid from texas" was getting old for me, and it only got worse after school in the locker room. we had mutual friends and ended up hanging out one night and i figured that this guy was pretty cool after all...and thus the beginning of one the most incredible friendships of my life. All of my previous misconceptions were water under the bridge. It took only a single conversation to realize how amazing he is. He was not stuck up, but incredibly humble...the most polite gentleman i had ever met and offered incredible respect. i knew that i could learn alot from him...but i had no idea. a series of unfortunate events occurred and we were not on good terms for the last half of our senior year. he was such a good friend to me and it killed me that i was unable to totally enjoy my high school graduation because of that (like i should have). i remember looking at him from a distance that night and thinking,"wherever he ends up...i wish him luck" we both went off to college and i was back to the Pumpkin that was focused on her schooling and volleyball. after a semester of mistakes, fate brought us back together and after so long...i figured that this guy had put me through so much and still his presence was as strong in my heart and soul as it has always been. i just knew that he was the one for me...my soul mate. fast forward through two beautiful girls, and many ups and downs and here we are. marriage is the HARDEST challenge for me and there are times were i feel like im losing the battle...but what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger!... in one of my favorite movies, "fireproof" (i ABSOLUTELY encourage all married couples to watch this movie!) they say how it is so easy for people to forget the vows they made on their wedding day..."for better, or for worse" but most people only stay through the "for better" and bounce as soon as the "for worse" part comes...every marriage has problems and i truly believe that if both husband and wife have humble hearts...things will always turn out better than before...and when i say "HUMBLE" i dont mean shy or quiet...i mean a heart that is willing to learn i hopes of helping and benefiting family and marriage. i know that i have learned so much from my husband...i know i still have stubborn days (old habits are hard to break...plus...both my parents are extremely stubborn...but that can wait for another blog! lol...stay tuned)...but i truly feel that i have come a long way in a pretty short amount of time.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... u getta "A". Lol- good job sister! haha. Its addicting huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaww... That is a beautiful post!! Wow, who would have know that fate would bring you to together!! Oh and I follow your blog too and not just Nikki!!LOL!! Well I hope you keep blogging as I find it just a way to vent, I love it!! Keep up the good work and I will see you guys on Tuesday at Volleyball!! Love ya...

    ReplyDelete